Ignition Direct Store Delivery (DSD) is a comprehensive software suite that enables superior results across critical business processes such as route creation/selling and loading/delivery, along with reconciliation of all route activities. Business processes related to pre-sales, deliveries, van sales, inventory management, route accounting and settlement are both streamlined and better integrated. Ignition DSD helps to build the perfect store picture at each retail location by supporting merchandising activities for the traditional trade/direct store delivery channel. With Ignition by AFS DSD, you can boost your operational efficiencies and maximize customer service while reducing costs and increasing your revenue.
Modernized through the latest technologies, the Ignition DSD suite provides a robust set of features and functions that provide both the flexibility and configurability to support multiple business processes and user scenarios. The application’s interface design is intuitive, thereby reducing user training and support efforts. As a state-of-the-art platform, AFS DSD ensures reliability and scalability across the most demanding scenarios, enabling accelerated business growth in both current as well as new markets.
Having our information available, the sales forecasting and the information in the handhelds, we're able to make changes in the handhelds for tomorrow's deliveries and we can communicate from out in the field and update the orders, which is huge, because normally we have the salespeople bombarding the order desk to make changes.
Portland French Bakery
The Ignition DSD Ecosystem includes:
- DSD Office, in which office employees can perform master file maintenance, order and sales entry, route/product/customer sales analysis, accounts receivable management, route settlement, and delivery scheduling.
- DSD Mobile allows delivery drivers to maintain truck inventory, offer clients surveys, perform pre- and post-trip inspections, provide proof of delivery, and much more.
- Distributor Management System is used by DSD distributors to run all aspects of their business, from master data to order and sale transactions.
- Order Management System allows customers of our clients to place B2B and B2C orders; it provides full visibility of their current and historical activities, including (but not limited to) their proof of delivery, invoices, balance, financial statements, and more.
- The Home Delivery set of products is used by customer service to record orders from end users that are placed over the phone as well as providing end users the ability for eCommerce. Our Home Delivery mobile system allows drivers to perform more than 100 deliveries per day without losing track of what items should be delivered, when, and where.
- G2 Analytics is our business intelligence and reporting system that gives a full view of all activities happening across DSD. By analyzing the data, you can discover areas of improvement and savings.
- Electronic Proof of Delivery is the system that helps our clients to execute pre-order deliveries and collect signatures as POD.
- Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) is the electronic interchange of business information using a standardized format. It eliminates the need for paper-based transactions between business partners.
With its server-based mobile manager control solution, AFS DSD Mobile provides the right data, at the right time, to the right mobile representative. Your office staff can maintain, control, and support all aspects of the AFS DSD Mobile solution. AFS DSD Mobile can be installed on a wide range of mobile handheld computers and printers. AFS has several world-class hardware manufacturing partners to ensure you have access to the latest mobile technology.
AFS Ignition Solutions – Supporting the End-to-End DSD Process
- AFS DSD Office v Standard – a Web-based application designed around route reconciliation and route settlement engine used to manage in-field activities performed by the sales and delivery team, as well as provide stand-alone functionality to support inventory management, order management/generation, production demand, and picking and loading activities.
- AFS DSD Office v Basic – provides a flexible and reliable host to mobile synchronization and exchange capability, as well as host to customer ERP, WMS, etc. integration.
- AFS DSD Mobile – the mobile application used in the field to make deliveries, take orders and payments, and record essential in-store data and reconcile product and cash activities via route settlement. Supports a wide range of mobile terminals and printers.
- AFS DSD Distributor Management – provides visibility and control over the inventory, orders and delivery activities performed by third-party distributors on behalf of the manufacturer.
- AFS DSD Order Management System – provides a sophisticated, feature-rich, Web-based order self-serve capability for both B2B and B2C business models.
- AFS G2 (Sales Insights) – provides powerful data analysis capabilities through a combination of user-specific dashboards and tabular reports
- Increased sales and delivery productivity by 25-50% with integrated and automated processes
- Improved sales and order-to-cash cycle time
- Elimination of reconciliation paperwork
- Diminished customer disputes, chargebacks, and collection issues by up to 50-75% with Proof of Delivery
- Reduced inventory shrink and loss by up to 20-40% with process visibility, accountability, and control of all cash and inventory transactions
- Minimized shelf out of stock by 30-50%
- Efficient fuel and labor utilization with increased leverage of delivery assets
- Increased execution, productivity, and portfolio distribution at the point of sale
- Execution activities aligned to strategic business objectives and KPIs
- An ability to effectively monitor delivery and sales activities to assure compliance and security
- Timely information about the products’ performance at the point of sale to help you achieve better decision-making
- Lack of productivity aids
- Technology cost control
- Food safety and traceability
- Inadequate customer service
- Lack of data to make informed business decisions
- No control over the daily operation workflow
- Native look and feel and best UI standards for mobile applications
- GPS navigation with real-time traffic information
- Cross-browser, device-agnostic & responsive back-office Web applications
- Key performance indicators
- Product zoning on the truck
- Order merging and optimization based on delivery sequence
- Localization and multi-language support
- Voice notes
- On-the-field credit card & bank check processing
- Shelf planograms
- Real-time digital messaging between drivers and office
- Multi-platform support (Windows Mobile, iOS, Android) to unlock BYOD
- Paperless invoices and reports to eliminate mobile printers (Go Green)
- Web-based SaaS back office to eliminate workstation software installation and maintenance
- Lot number traceability & pick label scanning
- Proof of delivery
- Product and truck temperature monitoring
- Online portal for handheld reports and invoices (Client Portal)
- GPS Delivery Tracking (Client Portal)
- Real-time customer notifications (e.g., delivery delays)
- Online B2B/B2C Web ordering (Client Portal E-Commerce)
- Visit monitor
- Customer and driver surveys
- Real-time communication (orders, deliveries, pick up, transfers, etc.)
- Media capture and viewing (damaged products, shelf pictures, etc.)
- GPS truck tracking with analytics (e.g., driving speed report)
- Bread crumbing
- Asset tracking
- Pre- and post-trip truck inspections
- Food industry focus
- Open integration with any ERP system
Support for all major mobile platforms
(Windows Mobile, Android, iOS) and browsers (Edge, IE, Firefox, Chrome, Safari)
Meets specific needs of diverse food distribution roles & practices
(distributors, manufacturers, clients, wholesale, home delivery, ePoD, van sales and pre-orders)
- Consolidated analytics to support managerial decisions
(Bring your own device, SaaS model, paperless)
- Highly configurable via customizable workflows
- Real-time communication
Enterprise Resource Planning
- Extensive pricing and costing options
- Integrated deal management
- Integrated General Ledger
- Suggested purchasing
- Production, scheduling, costing and yield management
Analytics & Business Intelligence
- Predictive analytics
- Management by Exception (MBE)
- KPIs integrated into G2 Analytics
- Business Intelligence application
- Streamlined access
Warehouse Management System
- Increased inventory accuracy and turns
- Product rotation and code date management
- Labor management
- Cycle count management
- Support for voice, tablets, mobile devices
Proof of Delivery
- Real-time visibility
- Clean invoice at delivery and A/R
- Lot, weight, and code date traceability at the unit level
- Extensive route analysis
- Collections and payment processing in the field
Direct Store Delivery
- Multi-platform support
- Proof of delivery
- Real-time traffic information
- Media capture and viewing
- Asset tracking
GDSN/Master Data Management
- Unify and standardize data
- Synchronize product information
- Primary management of attributes
- Product notifications
- Sales spec sheets
- Increase PO accuracy
- Strengthen partnerships
- Seamless interface
- User-friendly reports
- Extensive data translation