Blog > Selecting a Leading Warehouse Management System
A warehouse management system (WMS) automates and assists in managing the daily operations of warehouses, allowing you to track products from the moment they enter to when they reach store shelves. It’s vital now more than ever to ensure you have a leading warehouse management system in place that offers full visibility and control of your supply chain operation.
Who benefits from warehouse management software?
WMS provides a level of visibility into warehouse stock that benefits multiple facets and teams within an operation including:
Why implement a leading warehouse management system
Issues start small and if left to pile up, can lead to large losses over time. By ensuring you have a leading WMS in place, you’re guaranteeing your operation is fully capable of managing both common and unique challenges. With full visibility into your inventory, within and between distribution centers, you’re able to quickly combat challenges such as:
WMS enables operations to optimize staff productivity, manage inventory efficiently, and comply with food safety and quality regulations to reduce the costly repercussions of the above challenges. An efficient WMS system provides the real-time visibility and control necessary to enable delivery of the perfect order.
Choosing the best warehouse management system
When looking for the best WMS for your operation, it’s important to select one with years of industry experience that’s scalable to continuously support you as your operation grows.
Ignition by TELUS Consumer Goods provides solutions purpose-built for food distributors and processors and support that only 35+ years of domain experience can provide. We are proud that we still support some of our very first clients and have helped them navigate our evolving industry with its continuous changes as well as the unexpected challenges of recent years.
Ignition by TELUS Consumer Goods offers a future-proof warehouse management solution with a continuous improvement process that ensures the system will be scalable alongside your business.
With 99.6%+ order fulfillment accuracy and 99.8% inventory accuracy, Ignition WMS allows your warehouse to have complete, instantaneous visibility into what’s been received, produced, inventoried, and shipped as well as increased traceability throughout your supply chain operation.
The optimized visibility and traceability of Ignition WMS provide benefits such as:
- Tracking labor throughout the operation and maximizing system-directed work.
- Tracking every unit that passes through or into the warehouse for lot, weight, and code/date.
- Managing recalls in seconds versus days.
- Tracking key details of food products such as country of origin and harvest location to ensure quick access to crucial details.
- Optimized traceability to ensure product safety and FSMA standards are met.
- Tracking possible problem areas to find and fix mis-picks, not-on-truck errors, rotational issues, and more. Fixing these issues as quickly as possible helps reduce delays in the delivery process, in turn increasing effectiveness.
- Tracking accurately to help reduce loss/theft, product damages, and customer returns.
- Rotating inventory automatically, making it easier and more cost-effective to manage the possible expiration of goods.
For more information on WMS solutions, view our list of the key benefits of warehouse management systems and how Ignition WMS supports your business by boosting the operational efficiencies of supply chains.