Closing Date: 31st October 2020
8+ years experience
TBD (based on experience)
The purpose of this role is to complete technical tasks as required for the delivery of client projects and resolution of support issues.
Key Accountabilities (the main 5 – 10 duties of the role., list in order of importance)
- 10+ years working on Supply Chain Software Applications
- 10+ years coding experience with PL/SQL
- Taking full ownership for delivery of technical tasks, including detailed technical design, code development and unit testing.
- Resolving issues identified by internal and client testers as identified during project testing phases.
- Contributing to the estimation process through accurately tracking time worked on tasks.
- Providing updates on progress of tasks to the technical lead and project manager.
The above list of duties is not exhaustive and is subject to change. The post holder may be required to undertake other duties.
Quantitative Information (Budget, targets, number of staff etc.)
- Objectives for this role will be agreed with the Practice manager, and will include a blend of task delivery, input into Exceedra processes and personal development.
Key Challenges (describe the most challenging or complex parts of the job)
- Gaining a detailed understanding of the Exceedra product, and how to configure it.
- Creation of complex stored procedures involving CTEs, explicit transactions, shredding and creation of XML and exception handling
- Database backed N-tier applications
- Kimball methodologies for Data Warehousing
- Working the data sets on the order of millions of rows
- Query performance tuning for large datasets
- ETL from flat-file and we-service XML sources
- Using BIML for creation of SISS packages
- More than 8 years of database development using SQL Server or Oracle DB.
- Good at working with people
- Completer-finisher who takes ownership for their tasks