Closing Date: 31st October 2020
3+ years experience
TBD (based on experience)
The purpose of this role is to ensure successful delivery of Ignition’s lower complexity projects, as well as supporting continuous improvement of Ignition’s standard project delivery framework across ignition’s entire portfolio.
- Ensuring successful delivery of assigned client projects, to agreed time, budget and quality. This will include:
- Ensuring customer responsibilities are met and any blockers which arise are resolved.
- Working with the Business Consultant, Solution Architect and Functional Consultant to ensure that all required tasks are correctly captured, estimated and transferred into a project plan.
- Managing the day to day tasks of the project team to ensure that all activities are completed as planned, and any blockers or issues addressed.
- Acting as the primary point of contact for clients’ regular updates and ad-hoc queries, for their portfolio of projects.
- Capturing and managing the mitigation of risks.
- Managing the task management tool used by Ignition
- Tracking and monitoring all time booked to their projects.
- Input to continuous improvement of standard project framework, to be adopted by all project managers within Ignition.
- Provide internal reporting on the status of projects within their portfolio, including progress, risk and issues and project financials.
The above list of duties is not exhaustive and is subject to change. The post holder may be required to undertake other duties.
- The role holder will work to a set of objectives as agreed with the PMO Lead. These will include:
- Delivery of agreed projects
- Contribution to the standard project framework.
- This role does not have management responsibility for any staff members.
- Ensuring that technical tasks are delivered in line with project timescales using a limited and relatively junior resource pool.
- Relevant project management certification
- Basic understanding of project management methods and best practices.
- Basic understanding of working in customer-facing environments
- Basic understanding of software development lifecycles
- Project management and all associated disciplines
- Communication Skills
- Team working
- Commercial awareness
- Producing project reports and presentations.
- Requirements analysis and definition.
- Stakeholder management
- Between 0.5 and 3 years of project management experience.
- Project management experience in a customer-facing delivery role.
- Good at working with people
- Completer-finisher who takes ownership for their tasks